Monday, August 30, 2010

A New Goal For This School Year

Don't you love the fresh feeling that beginning school brings? New back-pack, pencils and pens; fresh paper and seeing your friends again with fun summer stories to share. I love all of that, too. And I always start the new school year with personal goals of how I will make this school year. It usually goes something like this:I will have straight A's
  • I will not be late nor ever miss a class
  • All my homework will be turned in on time
  • I will study each subject everyday for, at least, an hour
  • I will be more social and kinder to everyone, making more friends
  • I will wake up at 6:00am every morning, no matter what
Yeah... easier said than done, right. I do admit that there were some semesters that I came pretty close to achieving all those goals but, gee, that was a super hard semester!

I've been thinking about this because the students that I have are 'school-aholics.' They are so involved with art, drama, sports, etc., that I doubt they can ever enjoy a homemade dinner. But it's fun to watch them go! Once school starts, they're like a wind-up toy and keep going and going and going... And, with all that they have to work with in school, they still make time to sing for a half hour every week. I look up to them for that.

So I have another goal to make this school year: To be like those students and take time out of my busy schedule to enjoy something that I like (outside of school, the text books and studying), even if it's a half hour per week. Thanks for the examples you set for me, all you students o' mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment