Monday, September 13, 2010

Today's Event at Dixon

I went to perform and speak with the kids of Dixon Middle School in Provo, UT. I got to speak with the students in the orchestra, the band, the choir and the guitar class. I admit that I was nervous and made silly mistakes that I never make but, HEY! lesson learned, eh. However, I had so much fun. Even the kids who weren't paying attention were cracking me up.I played some pieces from Jekyll & Hyde, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Fresh Aire, Disney and Carl Maria Von Weber. I honestly was honored to be able to play clarinet, piano and sing for these kids. Just like Louise Armstrong sang in What a Wonderful World, "They'll learn much more than I'll never know." One of the questions I asked was, "How often to play music per day?" Outside of class, these kids play so much--I was so happy to hear it. Then one boy said, "I play any chance I get." Oh, I loved that answer. He knew what he loved--playing music--so he played it any chance he got. I do the same and I know many of the kids in that class do as well. I wish them the best and would like to thank the faculty and students for letting me play music for them. Thanks, Dixon Panthers!


No comments:

Post a Comment